Senior Product Management & Marketing Leader
Data-Driven and Results Oriented
Entrepreneur – Investor 2014 – 2017
Owner and creator of PNW Enterprises – A successful auto financing business generating over $1 Million in yearly revenues
Microsoft Corporation 1994 – 2014
General Manager/Product Management, Online Services Division 2008 to 2014
- Led Product Management, Business Planning and US Media team for the MSN Media Group at Microsoft.
- Completed a turnaround of the MSN business successfully reinventing the business by reducing significant costs and maximizing profitable revenue. Resulting in a P&L turnaround from $600 Million a year loss to posting a $200 Million positive contribution margin.
- Turnaround included the successful relaunch of MSN Product offering, bolstering high engagement and high-profit channels and global markets while eliminating underperforming assets.
- Board Member MSNBC.com – Senior board member for Microsoft’s Joint Venture with NBC News. Served as a primary Board leader for the JV, provided strategic direction and management to MSNBC CEO and senior-level executive leaders.
Senior Director, Product Manager, Windows Server 2006 to 2008
- Responsible for leading Marketing, Product Management, PR and Planning teams for Windows Server Business; a $2 Billion annual business that delivered consistent double-digit revenue and profit growth.
- Led Microsoft’s largest product marketing launch of 2008: Windows Server 2008.
- Marketing Launch broke new ground for Microsoft – deeply connecting with customers, was recognized as the top marketing campaign for the company that year.
- Initiated and executed on Microsoft’s first hybrid cloud computing service offering.
Senior Director, MSN Partner Marketing Premium Digital Subscriptions 2003 to 2006
- Managed the Partner Marketing Program for MSN Premium Subscriptions with a Partner Marketing Budget of over $100 Million Dollars.
- Responsible for defining and developing partner strategy and ecosystem for MSN premium subscriptions across division.
- Successfully drove partnership strategy that delivered over 80% of the Premium Services revenue for the MSN Division.
- Strategically identified and eliminated low value \ low profit channels and partnerships.
Director, MSN, PR and Promotions 2001 to 2003
- Responsible for driving strategic PR and Promotions plan for the MSN division of Microsoft.
- Managed team of 10 FTE’s and over 40 agency employees.
- Managed $12 million budget.
- Successfully executed plan to generate buzz, awareness and trial of MSN’s premium services.
- Drove highly competitive PR battle against key MSN competitors.
- Drove millions of high value impressions across all major media outlets.
Lead Product Manager, Microsoft Windows Desktop 1999 to 2001
- Responsible for driving technical reviews with key influential press, technical and financial analysts and key enterprise customers for Windows Client team.
- Played a critical role in helping Windows 2000 client achieve 100% positive technical reviews from key technical press publications.
- Successfully influenced several key feature changes to Windows 2000 Client with development team, based on influential customer and press feedback.
Product Manager, Microsoft Internet Explorer 1996 to 1999
- Managed IE4 launch event. This was the first major industry launch event for Internet Explorer including 100’s of partners, enterprise customers, press, analysts and influential attendees.
- Formed several major distribution partnerships with leading industry ISP’s
Product Manager, Microsoft Windows 1994 to 1996
- Responsible for analysis of Product Support cost controls for Windows Client Business.
- Implemented a plan with support organization to reduce support spending by more than 40%.
Western Washington University, Bachelor of Arts
Major: Public Administration, Minor: Economics
Advanced Coursework from Kellogg Business School – Microsoft Executive “Bench” Training Coursework
Microsoft Corporate Bench Program Graduate – 2005 = Equivalent to Kellogg Executive MBA program